Don’t you hate when a problem you thought was solved pops back up like a herpes outbreak? That’s how I feel about issue of abortion. I thought our society had resolved this issue. Unfortunately, much like herpes, every now and then there is a bumpy patch that you need to clear up with some Abreva.
Back in November, the people voted to elect many new politicians into very powerful positions in our government. (While I did not vote for any of these people, I very much respect the ebb and flow of American politics.) These politicians, all of GOP stock, have their sights set on rolling back our biological freedoms faster than Wal-Mart rolls back prices. These are people you need to keep your eyes on, so I thought I should introduce you. Rather than editorializing I’m going to let their voting records speak for themselves.
John Boehner (R-Ohio) our new Speaker of the House taking over for Nancy Pelosi. His current push to redefine rape is something to watch out for.
- Voted NO on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Jan 2007)
- Voted NO on allowing human embryonic stem cell research. (May 2005)
- Voted YES on restricting interstate transport of minors to get abortions. (Apr 2005)
- Voted YES on making it a crime to harm a fetus during another crime. (Feb 2004)
- Voted YES on banning partial-birth abortion except to save mother’s life. (Oct 2003)
- Voted YES on forbidding human cloning for reproduction & medical research. (Feb 2003)
- Voted YES on funding for health providers who don't provide abortion info. (Sep 2002)
- Voted YES on banning Family Planning funding in US aid abroad. (May 2001)
- Voted YES on federal crime to harm fetus while committing other crimes. (Apr 2001)
- Voted YES on banning partial-birth abortions. (Apr 2000)
- Voted YES on barring transporting minors to get an abortion. (Jun 1999)
- Rated 0% by NARAL, indicating a pro-life voting record. (Dec 2003)
- Rated 100% by the NRLC, indicating a pro-life stance. (Dec 2006)
- Bar funding for abortion under federal Obamacare plans. (Jul 2010)